Friday, September 21, 2012

Busy, busy, busy

We have been a very busy family this summer and now as fall is coming fast, we are busier still. Here's a quick run down of what we've been up to...
In July we had a family reunion in Malad Idaho and I got to have a trip down memory lane as a kid going to grandma's house (both sets of grandparents used to live there). A long drive, but we were able to see LOTS of family.

Two weeks later Tyler and I went on the "Trek" for our stake as a MA and PA. That was an experience that changed my life! Having a "family" of teenagers was great (who would have thought?), pulling the handcart was TOUGH, and I learned a great deal about my own ancestors who crossed the plains with the saints. Amazing experience!

August was swimming lessons, bike rides, and lots of visits to Nanna and Papa Kent's house because lots of aunts and uncles came from Utah for a visit. Boating at the lake was our favorite activity but Trevor may argue that catching frogs was at the top of his list (we lost count of how many he caught). For me, August was also a month of intense training.

The first weekend in September I completed my first triathlon! I was totally nervous but ended up doing pretty good- I was 23rd out of 200. Swimming was by far my biggest hurdle, but I managed and now I can't wait to do it again next year.

The first of September also marked the start of the remodel of our main bathroom. Tyler was ripping down drywall and I hadn't even chosen the tile! The past few weeks have been a bit stressful, as he is going full bore and I'm trying to stay ahead of him by getting everything picked out (cabinets, tile, paint color, vanity, etc.) We are completely gutting it (except for the tub and toilet) and going to town. It will look great once it's done, but for now we are all enduring having one very tiny bathroom. 

Cambria started Kindergarten and totally loves it. Everyday on the way home she talks and talks about what they did in class and what happened with her friends...all the information I have to pull out of Trevor. (The difference between boys and girls really amazes me sometimes!) I'm just hoping she 's not as bossy at school as she is at home.:)

Ethan started preschool and I catch him singing many of the new songs they've learned. The kid loves to sing and everyone knows it! He only goes two days a week but he loves it. AND it leaves me with only Braden on those two days and I hardly know what to do first! Grocery shopping with only one child was heavenly!
I almost forgot...Tyler and I had a weekend getaway at the sand dunes back in July, and I had my first ever dune buggy experience. At first I thought I was going to die, but then when I got comfortable with the speed, noise, and handling the thing in the sand I got to drive. I loved to pull the hand brake and flip us around! Sleeping in the trailer on the floor wasn't so bad but I don't love having sand everywhere.

(It's so sad that the only picture I have is me in the sand rail, but all the other pictures are still on the cameras!)

No comments: